Challenge Day #28

You Can Heal Your Life 


By Louise Hay

Originally a book and now a video You Can Heal Your Life is an empowering gift to the world from a wonderful woman Louise Hay.  Like many of the books I love I’ve shared it with a variety of individuals. I especially like the gift edition, just holding it in my hands I feel the positive energy that emanates from the book. The pictures are beautiful and relaxing.

The book walks the reader through several personal reflective exercises to dig deeply.  Louise believes that at the core our issues are created from some part of our self that we do not love.  Slowly while reading this book and doing the exercises you begin to uncover thoughts and beliefs you have about yourself that are not serving you. 

After working with clients Louise began to notice that specific physical alignments were linked to beliefs about our self that are unhealthy.  She compiled a list of the physical manifestation of our thinking/beliefs and shares affirmations to shift beliefs and relieve the dis-ease we are experiencing.  The index in the back of the book has been very helpful to thousands of people. If I have a chronic ache or pain I will sometimes turn to the index and reflect on the validity of the affirmation. 

I liked this book for years and then when I was working in the jail the video was released.  I used the video with every class after.  The video includes Louise sharing about her personal life journey. Her life story added depth to her message. Having been raped at a young age, been brought up with an abusive stepfather and a mother who had difficulty managing her own life, much less taking care of a young daughter, was a life to which the women I worked with could relate. At the time I had a lending library for the women with whom I worked.  Louise generously sent us three cases of books to share with the women. A gift that many appreciated. 

Besides being a strong woman there are two things I admire about Louise. First she didn’t really become famous until she was in her sixties and today in her eighties she is still vibrant and helping people help themselves. You go girl! Secondly she lives her message.  She is careful with her words because she knows words reflect beliefs which influence your life experience and she is purposeful in her actions knowing that what she does impacts the connected world.  All of the teachers I have met in my life who practice what they preach- who walk their talk are those that inspire me most.  I try to remember this when I make suggestions to others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Day #20