Challenge Day #11

What the Bleep

What The Bleep Do We Know is both a book and a movie.  I first saw the movie and was fascinated by the scientific support behind the process of creative energy. I wanted to know more and have the details at my fingertips so I then bought the book.  The film is a documentary of talking-heads mingled with the story of Amanda (Marlee Matlin), a divorced middle-aged woman who is confronted by the meeting of science and spirituality.
The film and the book ask some of the big questions in life:
  •  Does matter exist?
  •  Is time linear?
  •  What is our purpose?
  •  Where do we come from?


Several researchers/authors Candice Pert, Lynn McTaggart, Dr. Joe Dispenza, Deepak Chopra, Fred Allan Wolf and others support the strange happenings in Amanda’s life with science.  Several online sources criticize this film and book as being biased. I won’t argue the validity of the science – that wasn’t what drew me to the movie. I loved that it created a sense of wonder.  It also helped me better understand the link between my thoughts and what I observe. 

While watching and reading I began to really understand that as I watch the world around me I am observing only the parts that fit with what I expect to see.  I bet I’ve watched this movie at least a dozen times and each time I see something in it that I missed the time before.  It was a good reminder to me that the same is true when others observe my behavior.  If they are looking for me to be aggressive, they will pay attention to the data that supports their view.  If they want to see me as king and generous they will what and seek out the actions they have associated with kindness and generosity.

If we each remember that our own mind-set affects our observations we might shift our opinions.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Day #20