Thirty in Thirty

I actually had my last post ready two days ago. I was busy enjoying the wonderful weather,  I had just returned from a conference and finally arrived at the lake by 4:30 a.m. just as the sun was coming up. I knew my boys would be here this weekend  so I took advantage of the quiet before the 4th. As I was heading in to post my final blog in the series my grandson arrived.  He became the center of attention and the day slipped away.

For me this challenge has taught me a lot about myself and my writing process.  I've learned that I can write everyday but feel like a photographer who takes hundreds of shots to find one that is worth sharing.  I may go back and have already done some, rewriting on the blogs.  I once heard a speaker tell the audience - we are all re-writers. A few will become articles on Ezine.com, and I may use bits and pieces in future works.

The experience of thinking deeply about what has influenced my thinking was interesting.  What I originally thought in many cases shifted as I wrote and a few of my choices changed as I went along. In some ways Wayne Dyer's book I Can See Clearly Now influenced my thinking about this question; How did I get where I am today? Once you reach a certain age looking back to move forward is fun.  I will keep asking myself where did that idea come from, and I will ask those I meet. I'm still looking for a few guest bloggers so if these thirty days have you thinking, please email me. Five years ago my answers would have been different and five years from now they will probably shift again.  I know some will remain the same and perhaps a few new resources will be added. All in all this has been a good reminder that people don't always know the breadth of their influence.

I intentionally wanted to focus on people, books and movies and doing so brought to mind many major events that have influenced my life and my thinking.  I think I'll save some of them for future blogs. I know they have also influenced me as much as the written word, the films I've seen,and the actions of others. Enjoy the 4th of July!  It happens to be my favorite holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Day #20