Hero's


Today I found out that one of my hero's- teachers- mentors passed.  He had been on my mind for weeks now and I just didn't take the time to reach out and connect.  

William Powers was the originator of Perceptual Control Theory, the theory of living systems that has changed the way I live, the way I think and how I perceive the actions of others.  His work has touched thousands around the world and will leave a legacy for many years to come. 

He taught me how no question is ever too simple when asked with the intent to learn.  His ability to practice and model everything he believed, and taught was a gift he gave to everyone he met.  I will miss him.

This year I have attempted to write to someone from my past I hope you do the same.  I believe that when you have a strong positive thought about someone reach out and stay in touch. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenge Day #20