The Chase

Today as I was walking I saw one squirrel in hot pursuit of another.  I giggled to myself as they ran around and around.  As I approached them the lead squirrel stopped about four feet in front of me.  Here was the opportunity for the second squirrel to catch the first.

As I watched with anticipation the second stopped the same distance behind the first that he had been maintaining all along.  After a short pause and a stare down with me the first took off and the chase was back on.

What a wonderful illustration of how the journey, the chase the pursuit of the goal is where the fun is to be had.  Some of us, just like the squirrel will pause when the goal is in sight and create a still farther goal to reach, so we can enjoy the chase. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Disclosure - Blog Relay